- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Belair UMC plans June events
Belair United Methodist Church, 8095 Shelley Mullis Road, will hold the following events in June:
• Thursday, June 7: Food pantry open from 9 a.m. to noon to families who live within the boundaries of the Indian Land schools. Food donations are welcome.
• June 14: The JOY (Just Older Youth) Group will have a potluck lunch at the church at 11:30 a.m. Bring a covered dish to share.
• June 21: Food pantry open from 9 a.m. to noon to families who live within the boundaries of the Indian Land schools. Food donations are welcome.
• June 28: Belair will host the Second Harvest Food Bank with Faith Presbyterian Church in the parking lot at Belair from 9 a.m. until noon or whenever the food runs out.
Belair holds Sunday school at 9:15 a.m. and a church service at 10:15 a.m. each Sunday.
For details on these events, call (803) 547-6657 between 8 a.m. and noon Tuesday-Thursday.
Faith’s first summer movie night Friday
• Faith Presbyterian Church’s free Movie Night on the Lawn returns Friday, June 8, at Faith’s office site, 7520 Charlotte Highway. Join them for popcorn and movie on a large outdoor screen, starting at 7:30 p.m. The movie will begin at sundown. Bring your own lawn chairs or a blanket. The summer series will begin with a fun movie, starring a famous frog and pig, and all their hilarious friends. Call the church office at (803) 548-8810 for details or directions.
• Faith Presbyterian Church will offer Vacation Bible School for rising kindergarten through sixth-graders from 9 a.m. to noon June 11-18 at the church office site, 7520 Charlotte Highway. Kids who have completed kindergarten through fifth grade may sign up for an extended session from noon to 2 p.m., including lunch for a small additional fee. Register at www.faithpresusa.org. Space is limited and is filling fast.
• The church is taking applications for its Mother’s Morning Out program, offered from 9 a.m. to noon Wednesdays September through May. Children should be either 2 or 3 years old on Sept. 1, 2012 to qualify. Cost is $40 per month. For more info or an application, contact Edye Bender at (803) 548-8810 or firstname.lastname@example.org (put “MMO” in the subject line).
IL Baptist to hold VBS next week
Indian Land Baptist Church, 7583 Charlotte Highway, will hold Vacation Bible School from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, June 10-14. For details, call (803) 547-5881.
Taylor’s Grove to hold VBS next week
Taylor’s Grove Baptist Church, 2382 Charlotte Highway, will hold Vacation Bible School from 6 to 8:30 p.m. Sunday through Wednesday, June 10-13. For details, visit taylorsgrovebaptist.org or call (803) 577-9614.
Pleasant Hill UMC to host Salkehatchie
Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church, 238 Fort Mill Highway (S.C. 160), will host the Catawba Salkehatchie Camp on June 17-23. The church is seeking donations of single-serving size water and Gatorade, as well as monetary donations for camp expenses. To make a donation, call the church office at (803) 548-4922.
Osceola UMC to hold community yard sale
Osceola United Methodist Church will hold a community craft and yard sale from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 23. There will also be breakfast and lunch food for sale.
Inside space with table $12, outdoor space with no table $7. Contact Robin Hucks at (803) 417-2258 to reserve a space. Non-refundable deposit must be received by Sunday, June 10, to secure your space.
Pleasant Hill UMC VBS set for July 8-12
Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church, 238 Fort Mill Highway (S.C. 160), will hold its Vacation Bible School on July 8-12.
VBS volunteer training will be held after the 11 a.m. worship service Sunday, June 10. Bring your own lunch to the training.
All Saints offers early VBS registration
All Saints Lutheran Church, 17030 Lancaster Highway, Charlotte, will hold its “God’s Water Works” Vacation Bible School from 6 to 8 p.m. July 30-Aug. 2 for ages 4 through fifth grade.
The evenings will begin with a light fellowship supper, followed by skits, lessons and crafts.
The pastor will lead a class during VBS for adults who bring children.
Registration for the free food, fellowship, T-shirt and fun under way now. For details, call Gail at (704) 752-4287 or visit www.allsaintslutheran.org.
Trinity to hold VBS in August
Trinity Baptist Church, 1519 Steele Hill Road, Van Wyck, is now registering children for its Vacation Bible School: “Sonshine Beach Blast.” It will be held from 6 to 9 p.m. Aug. 6-10. VBS director is Pam Helms. For details, call the church office at (803) 313-9357.
Ministry to offer half-day preschool
Christ Life Evangelical Ministries is starting a half-day preschool, Christ Life Young Disciples, for those who must be budget-minded, but want their child to get quality care in a loving, Christ-centered environment. Scholarships are available.
Christ Life Evangelical Ministries is located at 8558 Shelley Mullis Road.
For details, call Pamela Willhite at (704) 264-6507 or visit www.Christ-life-ministries.com/mmo.htm.
Higher Ground offers kids’ summer camp
Higher Ground Child Development Center, 8365 Possum Hollow Road, is enrolling rising kindergarten through fifth-graders for its summer camp program. It offers activities, crafts, field trips and Bible lessons. Call (803) 802-3189 for more information.
Crossroads Lutheran offers new service
Crossroads Lutheran Church, 8511 Shelley Mullis Road, offers an alternative worship time at 7 p.m. Thursdays for those who work or miss Sunday services. Come hear “The Story” in a casual setting and share in a new, inspirational worship experience. All are welcome.
Christian Services food truck available
The Christian Services has a mobile food truck day open to be sponsored by churches, groups or individuals. For details, call (803) 286-5112 or (803) 235-5455.
Need a place to meditate or pray?
All are invited to visit the new Community Prayer Garden and Stations of the Cross on the grounds of Crossroads Lutheran Church, 8511 Shelley Mullis Road. The garden is open from 8 a.m. to sunset daily. Booklets with reflections and prayers for the walk are available at the entrance to the prayer garden. The garden is on the right side of the church building, with parking in the church parking lot.
Editor’s note: We welcome your submissions. To submit information for Church Notes, send it to Carolina Gateway at P.O. Box 640, Lancaster, SC 29721, fax it to (803) 283-8969 or e-mail it to email@example.com. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursday for the next week’s paper.