- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Pleasant Hill UMC announces events
Pleasant Hill United Methodist Church, 238 Fort Mill Highway (S.C. 160), offers the following upcoming event:
• First Wednesday Fellowship will be 6 p.m. today, May 2. The event will celebrate the church’s missions.
• The church will hold a 12-hour prayer vigil Thursday, May 3 for National Day of Prayer. The church asks particiapants to sign up for 30-minute slots from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. that day. Prayers will be said in the church sanctuary. Sign up by calling (803) 548-4922 during office hours.
• Pleasant Hill’s United Methodist Women will hold its quarterly meeting after the 11 a.m. service Sunday, May 6. All women in the church are invited.
National Day of Prayer service May 3
The Lancaster community will take part in the National Day of Prayer service from noon to 12:30 p.m. Thursday, May 3, behind the Historic Lancaster County Courthouse on the corner of South Catawba and West Dunlap streets. The service, sponsored by Covenant Baptist Church, is open to the public.
National Day of Prayer calls on all people of different faiths in the United States to pray for the nation and its leaders. It is held the first Thursday of May each year.
The Lancaster service is among more than 35,000 prayer gatherings that will be held in the United States. Several million people are expected to participate.
This year’s national honorary chairman is Dr. David Jeremiah, founder of Turning Point Radio and Television Ministries and senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in San Diego.
For details, call (803) 286-5683 or (803) 283-7580.
Belair UMC plans May events
Belair United Methodist Church, 8095 Shelley Mullis Road, will hold the following events this month:
• May 3: Food pantry open from 9 a.m. to noon to families who live within the boundaries of the Indian Land schools. Food donations are welcome.
• May 4-5: The Belair Youth will hold a 30-hour famine for world vision.
• May 10: Belair’s JOY Group will meet at the church at 10 a.m. in the church parking lot to go to McLeod Farms in McBee. The group will eat lunch at the farm, where there will be produce, ice cream and other food and craft items for sale, as well as a free museum of antique cars and tractors, and many other antique items. If you plan to attend, call Shirley Mauney at (803) 802-2679.
• May 17: Food pantry open from 9 a.m. to noon to families who live within the boundaries of the Indian Land schools. Food donations are welcome.
Belair holds Sunday school at 9:15 a.m. and a church service at 10:15 a.m. each Sunday.
For details on these events, call (803) 547-6657 between 8 a.m. and noon Tuesday-Thursday.
Sign up now for Faith’s VBS camp
Faith Presbyterian Church will hold Vacation Bible Camp on June 11-15 at the church office site, 7520 Charlotte Highway.
Children entering kindergarten through sixth grade next fall are welcome to attend morning sessions from 9 a.m. to noon. Children who have completed kindergarten-fifth grade may stay for an extended session from noon to 2 p.m., which includes lunch.
The VBS camp will be led by counselors from Bethelwoods Camp and Conference Center in York, along with volunteers from Faith.
Register online at www.faithpresusa.org. Space is limited. For details, call (803) 548-8810.
Higher Ground offers kids’ summer camp
Higher Ground Child Development Center, 8365 Possum Hollow Road, is now enrolling rising kindergarten through fifth-graders for their summer camp program. The fun-filled, Christ-centered program offers a wide array of fun activities, crafts, field trips and Bible lessons. Call Higher Ground at (803) 802-3189 for more information.
Osceola UMC to hold community yard sale
Osceola United Methodist Church will hold a community yard sale from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. June 23.
There will also be breakfast and lunch food available to purchase.
Inside space with table $12, outdoor space with no table $7. Contact Robin Hucks at (803) 417-2258 to reserve a space. Non-refundable deposit must be received to secure your space. Deadline to reserve is June 10.
Grace Church moves to new home
Grace Church of the Carolinas, a non-denominational family of faith pastored by Dr. Randall Odom, has moved to a new location at 8160 Regent Parkway, near Regent Park, Fort Mill.
Worship services are at 10:15 a.m. Sunday and 7 p.m. Wednesday for Bible study and prayer.
For details, call (803) 396-1797 or visit www.gracecoc.org.
‘Body and Spirit’ classes offered
Pleasant Valley Baptist Church, 211 Marvin Road, offers “Body and Spirit” exercise classes from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Mondays and 7:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
The classes include aerobics, kickboxing, circuit training, yoga and Pilates, followed by devotion and prayer. Classes will be held in the church fellowship hall and all ages are welcome. Bring a towel or mat for floor exercises.
For details about classes, call (803) 548-7208.
Editor’s note: We welcome your submissions. To submit information for Church Notes, send it to Carolina Gateway at P.O. Box 640, Lancaster, SC 29721, fax it to (803) 283-8969 or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline is 5 p.m. Thursday for the next week’s paper.